Sunday, October 3, 2010

I'm a Freak Magnet

I'm not sure why I attract the strange people I do or how I wind up seeing the odd things people do on a daily basis. As my friend/co-worker K says, I'm the only person she knows who gets to see this kind of thing on a regular basis...you know what? She's right! Here's a summary of my weekend:
Yesterday this bald, somewhat creepy guy comes up to my booth (I run a store at a flea market on weekends)...this is how our conversation went:
Him: Hi Sweets!
Me: Sweets?!? Did you really just call me Sweets?!?
Him: Yeah! You look delicious!
Me (cringing): Did you really just say that?
Him: Yeah! What's wrong with that?
Me: It's creepy that's what's wrong with it!
Him: I don't know why you would find that creepy...it's a compliment!
Me: Please just leave. You're really creeping me out.
At this point he actually did leave still thinking he did nothing wrong!

Today wasn't much better. A woman standing in front of my booth speaking to another vendor who was obviously friends with her, turned to her son (maybe 8-years-old) & began picking the kids' nose! She wasn't just near the front of the nostril either...she was digging with her index finger & no kleenex!! I was so disgusted! Honestly, what the hell happened to manners & proper etiquette???

Then I saw something rather odd at the parking lot of my local supermarket. A Muslim woman and her daughters, dressed in full burkas, began to pray on the grass. I've never seen anyone pray in the parking lot of a store before...I don't have an issue with anyone praying in public...I just thought it a little strange since most people I know (Muslim or otherwise) wouldn't think of praying in a parking lot of the local supermarket.

On another note, someone I was sort of friends (more acquaintances) with, showed up today & finally figured out I'm pissed off with her. She's been pestering me to add her to facebook. She even emailed my mother complaining I wouldn't phone her, email her or add her to facebook! I told her I'm a grown woman who doesn't need someone complaining to my mother (or anyone else!) about something so trivial. She couldn't fathom why I was angry. She finally got the message when I said "If I don't add you it means I'm not going to." She stormed off angry but it's not the first time she's done this. I was just fed up with the bs.

No comments:

Post a Comment